101 Films are set to give Christopher Nolan’s 2000 cult Neo-noir Memento a Limited Edition Blu-ray SteelBook®. Set for release in the UK in September under Title 031 on the 101 Films Black Label.
Following up his debut effort Following (1998) Nolan once again uses a meticulously crafted structure to place the audience inside the protagonist’s fractured mind. This time, like Leonard we can never truly tell friend from foe, as everyone around him seeks to manipulate his condition to their own ends, while he himself seeks the truth. The brilliance of Memento lies in its ability to show you something new and thrill with each viewing.
This limited-edition release will feature a host of new features including brand new interviews with crew including director Christopher Nolan, and actor Carrie-Anne Moss. The extras will also include a new commentary with film critics James Mottram and Sean Hogan. The package contains two booklets, one with Jonathan Nolan’s Memento Mori short story, and the other a brand-new essay: Remembrance of Things Past: Time and Memory in Christopher Nolan’s Memento by James Mottram. The disc is packaged in a rigid box with beautiful new artwork along with prop replicas of the Ferdy’s beer mat, polaroid photographs and Leonard’s notes enclosed in Leonard’s folder.
Leonard (Guy Pearce) suffers from a rare brain disorder — the inability to form any new memories. He can remember in detail everything that happened before his injury, but anyone he has met or anything he has done since that fateful night simply vanishes. Who are his friends? Who are his enemies? What is the truth? In Leonard’s world, the answers to these questions shift and change from second to second. And the more he tries to figure out what is true and real, the deeper he sinks into a multi-layered abyss of uncertainty and surprises.
Limited Edition contents:
• Rigid box packaging
• Booklet one: Remembrance of things past: time and memory in Christopher Nolan’s Memento by James
• Booklet two: Jonathan Nolan’s Memento Mori short story
• Replica Polaroid art cards, printed notes and beer mat enclosed in Leonard’s folder
• Bonus second disc featuring the chronological edit (SD)
Brand new special features:
• Remember – Actor Carrie-Anne Moss on Memento
• Keepsake – Director Christopher Nolan on Memento
• Memento Mori – Writer Jonathan Nolan on Memento
• Memories – Producer Emma Thomas on Memento
• A Leap into the Unknown – Producer Aaron Ryder on Memento
• Musical Memories – Composer David Julyan on Memento
• Commentary with film critics James Mottram and Sean Hogan
• Memento chronological cut
• Remembering Memento
• Anatomy of a Scene
• IFC Interview with Christopher Nolan
• Director’s commentary
Christopher Nolan‘s Memento will be available on Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray from 25th September in the UK and Ireland. Released as title 031 on the 101 Films Black Label. and you can pre-order your copy at 101 Films store.