Paramount Pictures boldly goes where no one has gone before this March with the release of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season one. Arriving on Digital*, Blu-ray™, DVD and limited-edition Blu-Ray™ SteelBook® on 9th March. Then on 4K UHD™ and limited-edition 4K UHD™ SteelBook® from 15th May.
The debut season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise. The series features fan favorites from season two of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Science Officer Spock. The series follows Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One in the years before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.
also stars Jess Bush as Nurse Christine Chapel, Christina Chong as La’an Noonien-Singh, Celia Rose Gooding as Cadet Nyota Uhura, Melissa Navia as Lt. Erica Ortegas and Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. M’Benga.
The STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS Blu-ray™, DVD, limited-edition Blu-Ray™ SteelBook®, 4K UHD™ and limited-edition 4K UHD™ SteelBook® offer over 90 minutes of special features, including content exclusive to home entertainment:
- PIKE’S PEEK (Exclusive) – Anson Mount takes fans through his journey as Captain Christopher Pike in the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, providing a glimpse into his portrayal with intimate footage throughout the season.
- WORLD BUILDING – Led by Production Designer Jonathan Lee and his team, the season’s production design utilized cutting-edge technology to create worlds prior to shoots, allowing the actors to fully immerse themselves into scenes rather than imagine the worlds around them in a green room. Through interviews with producers, cast and crew, fans will learn about the expertise involved in the development process and how the powerful technology was seamlessly integrated into the show.
- EXPLORING NEW WORLDS (Exclusive) – Fans will explore the storylines and characters that bring Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to life with writers, cast and crew.,
- COMMENTARY: ANSON MOUNT & AKIVA GOLDSMAN – STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Exclusive)
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season One arriving on on Digital*, Blu-ray™, DVD and limited-edition Blu-Ray™ SteelBook® on 9th March. Then on 4K UHD™ and limited-edition 4K UHD™ SteelBook® from 15th May.