Fasten your seatbelt for the ride of a lifetime as Nicolas Winding Refn‘s slick pulp noir thriller Drive is set for Limited Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray treatment. Second Sight Films will release this exquisite collectable, bonus-filled box set which will also be available individually as a Standard Edition 4K or Blu-ray in May.
This cult-classic sees Ryan Gosling as the formidable driver, in an outstanding performance that confirmed his status as a major Hollywood player, alongside another rising star early into her career, Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston also stars, and Christina Hendricks gives a show-stealing turn in this stylish, wild, high-octane thrill ride, that’s filled with wickedly astounding action and awe-inspiring car chases that will leave you in a spin.
Drive Limited Edition comes in stunning premium packaging with new artwork by AllCity and includes a 240-page hardback book with new essays, an exclusive interview with author James Sallis, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos; the original novel with exclusive new artwork and art cards. All versions come with new exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and much more…
Related Post: Film Review – Drive (2011)
Hollywood stuntman and best in the business getaway driver (Gosling) has a strict professional code, but his loner lifestyle is turned upside down when he falls for his neighbour Irene (Mulligan). With her ex-con husband owing protection money, she’s sucked into the dangerous criminal underworld and there’s only one person that can her save her… the driver.
- A Special Edition release presented by Second Sight Films and Director Nicolas Winding Refn
- Includes UHD and Blu-ray both with main feature and bonus features
- New 4K master produced by the original post production company and approved by Nicolas Winding Refn
- UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR graded by the film’s original colourist
- Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw
- Drive: a 70-minute conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn, Editor Mat Newman and Composer Cliff Martinez
- Cutting a Getaway – a new interview with Mat Newman
- 3 Point Turns – a new video essay by Leigh Singer
- Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents
- Premium box set packaging with new artwork by AllCity
- 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos
- The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity
- 7 collectors’ art cards
You can pre-order your copy at Second Sight Films website.