Cruella is currently do the rounds at a cinema near you as well as on Disney+ premiere access. If you love the film based on the backstory of the iconic 101 Dalmatians, soon you can own this one. As Disney announce the home entertainment release details for the film.
Disney’s Cruella stars Emma Stone as our iconic villainess Cruella De Vil in her younger days. Who must come face to face with the one who made her who she becomes, as the devil gets her ‘due’. Making a life for herself in 1970’s London, determined to be a fashionista. Taking any mere job to make ends meet whilst building her evil revolution.
Anyone who has seen this one, you know the music is a big highlight. Many of the songs are from era the film is set in, it does have an original song. Florence And The Machine are responsible for the song and Emma Stone in a new Featurette had a chat with Florence Welch who tells Stone ‘she “looks exactly like me when I was 20”.
Related Post: Film Review – Cruella (2021)
Cruella which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by two-time Oscar® winner Emma Thompson (“Howards End,” “Sense & Sensibility”). But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
Disney’s Cruella Bonus Features*
· Deleted Scenes
o Hotel Heist Hallway
o Baroness Rejects Design Sketches
· The Two Emmas – Discover how real-life friends Emma Stone and Emma Thompson prepared for their roles as Cruella de Vil and the Baroness von Hellman, and transformed into the fashionably cool, but devilishly cruel, characters.
· The Sidekick Angle – No Disney villain/hero is complete without their sidekicks! Meet the talented actors who play Horace and Jasper, and learn how their characters deepen the ﬁlm’s story, and how the trio’s friendship changes as the smart, feisty Estella becomes Cruella.
· Cruella Couture – Take in the spectacular artistry of this couture collection, with an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at some of the most fashionable moments in the movie.
· The World of Cruella – Experience the city locations and elaborate sets of CRUELLA, each featuring extraordinary production design detail, which bring 1970s London to life and enhance the backstories of these iconic Disney characters in a whole new way.
· New Dogs…Old Tricks – Go behind the scenes of the on-set life of an animal actor, and meet the smart, expressive, delightful dogs who play Buddy, Wink and the Dalmatians, along with their devoted trainers. Catch the joy the pups experience in their daily doggie duties.
· Cruella 101 – Uncover Easter eggs and clever connections to Walt Disney’s 101 DALMATIANS that are masterfully woven throughout this modern origin story of CRUELLA.
The cast also includes Emma Thomson, Mark Strong, Paul Walter Hauser, Emily Beecham, Joel Fry, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, and John McCrea.
Cruella arrives on all major digital platforms on 25th June and on Blu-ray™ and DVD 17th August.