To mark the digital release of FUKUSHIMA 50 – out 8th March from Altitude Films – we’re giving away a digital voucher.
Ten years ago the world looked on as Japan battled to avert a potentially world-changing catastrophe – when, following an earthquake and tsunami, a nuclear reactor started to leak. Hot on the heels of 2019’s acclaimed Chernobyl, comes another recreation of a truly chilling moment in history, when the fate of mankind seemed to hang in the balance – or rather, in the hands of the workers at the Japanese power plant, who became known as the ‘Fukushima 50’.
Based on the extraordinary, jaw-dropping book by Ryusho Kadota, On the Brink: The Inside Story of Fukushima Daiichi, the film, directed by Setsurô Wakamatsu (WHITEOUT), is the rival of any Hollywood disaster epic, but at its heart it is a moving and extremely timely human drama about people pulling together in a time of unprecedented crisis.
Ken Watanabe (INCEPTION, GODZILLA) stars as the head of the power plant who must act fast to prevent total destruction, and rally his workers to action while the higher-echelon bureaucrats fail to grasp the enormity of the situation. The film drives home the staggering impact of the incident on Japan, still being felt a decade later, but is a stark reminder that, had it not been for the titular 50, things could have turned out a lot, lot worse.
A harrowing, tense and unforgettable experience, featuring fantastic performances from Watanabe and Kôichi Satô (MISHIMA), FUKUSHIMA 50 is a sobering look at how bravery and resourcefulness managed to avert a Chernobyl-scale catastrophe.
FUKUSHIMA 50 is out 8th Match on altitude.film and all digital platforms across the UK and Ireland: https://www.altitude.film/page/fukushima-50?country=united-kingdom
To win Fukushima 50 Digital Voucher, please answer the following question…
Q. Kôichi Satô starred in Mishima: A Life In Four Chapters in 1985, who directed that film ?
Deadline is Monday 8th March 2021 (UK) (23:59pm),If you haven’t done already Like us and stay with us at our Facebook page (if you are already liking us just share this post on twitter and facebook). Must be 13 or older to enter.
– 1(one) winners will receive 1 (one) Fukushima 50 digital code redeemable from Altitude.Film
– There is no cash or another alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
– The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
– Comp hosted on behalf of Altitude.film will deliver the prize to winning entry.
– The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
– The promoter of this competition is Fetch Dynamic Ltd .
– You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
– The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Altitude Films
– The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes as 99% won’t be coming from us but directly from Altitude.film.
– Prizes may take from days to a few months for delivery which is out of our control so please do not complain
– The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email for postal details and will be announced via facebook, sometimes we are unable to confirm winners directly.
– Uk or Irish entries only
UK Competitions and Prize Draws at UKwins
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions
Competition Hunter – UK Competitions Community
Like Wow – UK competition and freebie listings
Competition Database – Free UK Competitions