This week Eureka Entertainment unveiled 2 early Christmas presents for Samuel Fuller fans with the release of House of Bamboo and Hell and High Water. We have 2 sets containing both films 2K Restored on Blu-ray for you to win.
In House Of Bamboo – Japan, 1954. A military train is robbed of its cargo by a ruthless gang of professionals led by the sadistic, but brilliant, Sandy Dawson (the incomparable Robert Ryan). Weeks later, one of the thieves lies dying in a Tokyo hospital, shot by his own accomplices. Recently released convict Eddie Spanier (Robert Stack) arrives in Tokyo, and joins up with the gang, impressing Sandy so much he quickly becomes his “ichiban” (number one man), greatly displeasing the former favourite, Griff (Cameron Mitchell). But is Eddie all he seems?
In Hell and High Water, “In the summer of 1953, it was announced that an atomic bomb of foreign origin had been exploded somewhere outside of the United States… This is the story of that explosion.” Starting with a nuclear explosion and only escalating from there (Fuller was a master of the opening scene – “If a story doesn’t give you a hard-on in the first couple of scenes, throw it in the goddamn garbage.”), Hell and High Water is a white-knuckle Cold War thriller that would have a huge influence on the future of blockbuster cinema (Steven Spielberg was so enamoured with the film that he kept a print in his car for many years).
When military intelligence suggests a secret atomic base is being covertly set-up on an island near Japan, former US Navy commander Adam Jones (Richard Widmark) is sent on a covert mission to prevent a nuclear attack that could trigger World War 3.
To be in with an chance in winning this fantastic prize, please answer the following question …
Q.What 1952 Samuel Fuller cold war spy film noir starred Richard Widmark as a pick-pocket who stole a wallet which had top secret government information?
Deadline is Monday 28th December 2020 (UK) (23:59pm),If you haven’t done already Like us and stay with us at our Facebook page (if you are already liking us just share this post on twitter and facebook). Must be 15 or older to enter.
– 2 (Two) winners will receive 1 (one) set (1x) House of Bamboo (1x) Hell and High Water) Masters Of Cinema On Blu-Ray .
– There is no cash or another alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
– The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
– Comp hosted on behalf of Eureka Entertainment will deliver the prize to winning entry.
– The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
– The promoter of this competition is The Peoples Movies.
– You must be at least 15 years old to enter.
– The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Eureka Entertainment
– The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes as 99% won’t be coming from us but directly from the promoter.
– Prizes may take from days to a few months for delivery which is out of our control so please do not complain
– The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email for postal details and will be announced via facebook, sometimes we are unable to confirm winners directly.
– Uk or Irish entries only
UK Competitions and Prize Draws at UKwins
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions
Competition Hunter – UK Competitions Community
Like Wow – UK competition and freebie listings