This week Eureka Entertainment released WAXWORKS Paul Leni’s expressionist anthology masterpiece , on Blu-ray as a part of The Masters of Cinema Series. We have 3 Blu-Ray copies of the film up for grabs.
Waxworks [Das Wachsfigurenkabinett] was the final film Paul Leni directed before heading to the bright lights of Hollywood. Continuing a streak of such classic works as The Cat and the Canary, The Man Who Laughs, and The Last Warning.
The three separate episodes of Waxworks are united by the character of a young poet (William Dieterle), who is hired by the owner of a wax museum to create backstories for a trio of the museum’s figures: Caliph Harun al-Rashid (Emil Jannings), Ivan the Terrible (Conrad Veidt), and Jack the Ripper (Werner Krauss). The stories are depicted in succession (one per episode), the poet casting himself—as well as the daughter of the wax museum’s owner—at the centre of each tale. Though the poet and the daughter play different characters in the corresponding plots, they are always lovers whose relationship is threatened by the personages of the wax figures.
Related: Film Review – Waxworks (1924)
WAXWORKS, a newly restored edition of a landmark in German expressionism, is OUT NOW on Blu-ray and can be purchased here https://amzn.to/3eKvWEE
To win Waxworks on Blu-Ray courtesy of Eureka Entertainment, please answer the following question…
Q. In Waxworks, Werner Krauss played what iconic London serial killer?
Deadline is Monday 30th November 2020 (UK) (23:59pm),If you haven’t done already Like us and stay with us at our Facebook page (if you are already liking us just share this post on twitter and facebook). Must be 13 or older to enter.
– 3 (Three) winners will receive 1 (one) Waxworks On Blu-Ray .
– There is no cash or another alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
– The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
– Comp hosted on behalf of Eureka Entertainment will deliver the prize to winning entry.
– The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
– The promoter of this competition is The Peoples Movies.
– You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
– The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Eureka Entertainment
– The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes as 99% won’t be coming from us but directly from the promoter.
– Prizes may take from days to a few months for delivery which is out of our control so please do not complain
– The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email for postal details and will be announced via facebook, sometimes we are unable to confirm winners directly.
– UK or Irish entries only
UK Competitions and Prize Draws at UKwins
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions
Competition Hunter – UK Competitions Community
Like Wow – UK competition and freebie listings