Eureka Entertainment have released Three Edgar Allan Poe Adaptations Starring Bela Lugosi on Blu-ray . Released as part of The Masters of Cinema Series, for the first time in the UK, fancy winning this wonder release on Blu-Ray?
This trio of classic 1930s horror films—Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Black Cat, and The Raven—is also distinguished by a trio of factors regarding their production. Most notably, each film is based on a work by master of the macabre Edgar Allan Poe. Part of the legendary wave of horror films made by Universal Pictures in the 30s, all three feature dynamic performances from Bela Lugosi, with two of them also enlivened by the appearance of Frankenstein’s Boris Karloff. Director Robert Florey, who gave the Marx Brothers their cinema start , worked with Metropolis cinematographer Karl Freund to give a German Expressionism look to Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932), with Lugosi as a mad scientist running a twisted carnival sideshow in 19th-century Paris, and murdering women to find a mate for his talking ape main attraction. Lugosi and Karloff teamed forces for the first time in The Black Cat, a nightmarish psychodrama that became Universal’s biggest hit of 1934, with Detour director Edgar G. Ulmer bringing a feverish flair to the tale of a satanic, necrophiliac architect (Karloff) locked in battle with an old friend (Lugosi) in search of his family. Prolific B-movie director Lew Landers made 1935’s The Raven so grotesque that all American horror films were banned in the U.K. for two years in its wake. Specifically referencing Poe within its story, Lugosi is a plastic surgeon obsessed with the writer, who tortures fleeing murderer Karloff through monstrous medical means.
THREE EDGAR ALLAN POE ADAPTATIONS STARRING BELA LUGOSI, a trio of classic 1930s horror films, is OUT NOW on Blu-ray and can be purchased here https://amzn.to/3dLwND8
We have 3 copies of Three Edgar Allan Poe Adaptations Starring Bela Lugosi on Blu-ray up for grabs. To win a copy please answer the following question…
Q.Which of the three films was originally banned for two years in the UK?
A.Murders in the Rue Morgue
B.The Black Cat
Deadline is Monday 17th August 2020 (UK) (23:59pm),If you haven’t done already Like us and stay with us at our Facebook page (if you are already liking us just share this post on twitter and facebook). Must be 15 or older to enter.
– 3 (Three) winners will receive 1 (one) Bela Lugosi’s Edgar Allen Poe Masters Of Cinemas On Blu-Ray on Blu-Ray.
– There is no cash or another alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
– The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
– Comp hosted on behalf of Eureka Entertainment will deliver the prize to winning entry.
– The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
– The promoter of this competition is The Peoples Movies.
– You must be at least 15 years old to enter.
– The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Eureka Entertainment
– The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes as 99% won’t be coming from us but directly from the promoter.
– Prizes may take from days to a few months for delivery which is out of our control so please do not complain
– The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email for postal details and will be announced via facebook, sometimes we are unable to confirm winners directly.
– Uk or Irish entries only
UK Competitions and Prize Draws at UKwins
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions
Competition Hunter – UK Competitions Community
Like Wow – UK competition and freebie listings