American heart-warming comedy drama Northern Exposure was nominated for over fifty Emmy Awards, winning 7 and nominated for 10 Golden Globe awards, winning for best drama series in 1992 and 1993 and has since become a cult classic. Enjoy once again, now fully restored and in hi-definition, all 110 episodes, over 6 seasons, with all the original music just as you remember it.
Fancy winning this fantastic box-set on DVD? read on…
Premiering on CBS in 1990, Northern Exposure was created by Joshua Brand and John Falsey, the team behind St Elsewhere. Only eight episodes were originally commissioned, but half a season turned into six seasons. Following contract disputes the Television show finished after six seasons in 1995.
Joel Fleischman is a nebbishy Jewish doctor from New York City, and a fresh faced medical school graduate. He’s also about to begin the four year service contract he promised to the state of Alaska, who financed his education. But he just happened to forget reading some of the stipulations in his contract which has assigned him to the small post of Cicely, Alaska – a town of 215 people that welcomes it’s newest resident with open arms. As he contends with the daily lives and rituals of these all too normal and trusting folk, Joel just might realise that Cicely’s quieter ways are probably more civilised than the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. Made up of Cicely’s various residents, patients and friends of Fleischman include wealthy former astronaut Maurice Minnifield; feisty pilot Maggie O’Connell; mayor and saloon owner Holling Vincoeur; his sweet, naive waitress girlfriend Shelly Tambo (who’s old enough to be his daughter); intellectual ex-con and disc jockey Chris Stevens; Joel’s far wiser and very quiet receptionist Marilyn Whirlwind; kindly store owner Ruth-Anne Miller, and avid film buff Ed Chigliak.
The cast included Rob Morrow, Barry Corbin, Janine Turner, John Cullum, Darren E. Burrows, John Corbett, Cynthia Geary, Elaine Miles, Peg Phillips, Paul Provenza (1994–95), Teri Polo (1994–95)
To win Northern Exposure Complete Series Box Set on DVD, please answer the following question…
Q.How many episodes was Northern Exposure only mean’t to run?
Deadline is Monday 29th June 2020 (UK) (23:59pm),If you haven’t done already Like us and stay with us at our Facebook page (if you are already liking us just share this post on twitter and facebook). Must be 15 or older to enter.
– 1 (ONE) winners will receive 1 (one) Who Dares Wins On DVD.
– There is no cash or another alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
– The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
– Comp hosted on behalf of Fabulous Films will deliver the prize to winning entry.
– The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
– The promoter of this competition is The Peoples Movies.
– You must be at least 15 years old to enter.
– The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Fabulous Films.
– The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes as 99% won’t be coming from us but directly from the promoter.
– Prizes may take from days to a few months for delivery which is out of our control so please do not complain
– The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email for postal details and will be announced via facebook, sometimes we are unable to confirm winners directly.
– Uk or Irish entries only