Prom Night is considered by fans of the influential horror one of the classics. Thanks to 101 Films will give the film it’s UK Blu-ray debut under it’s Black Label.
A slasher classic and one of the most influential horror films of the 1980s, this extras-packed limited edition includes a new documentary on the ‘Final Girl’ in horror film, a brand new interview with director Paul Lynch, a commentary with FrightFest‘s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Jake West, and a booklet with writing on Canadian slasher movies and an interview with composer Paul Zaza, who discusses the circumstances behind the genesis of his highly-regarded original disco soundtrack. Starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Leslie Nielsen, Prom Night is a bloody landmark in high school horror.
Four Hamilton High School seniors have been hiding the truth of what happened to ten-year- old Robin Hammond for six long years. But someone saw what they did and is preparing for vengeance – a prom night killing spree. Hooded, masked, and wielding an axe, he’ll stalk his prey in the dark, empty halls, striking when his victims are alone. As the spotlight falls on the newly-crowned prom king and queen, will the killer be stopped before he can exact his murderous revenge..?
Limited Edition version comes with booklet and slipcase.
Brand New Extras
• Chasing the Final Girl, a new documentary on the “Final Girl” in horror movies
• An interview with director Paul Lynch
• Audio commentary with FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Jake West
• Limited Edition booklet: includes Just Some F****** Nerdy Brother: Prom Night and the strange case of the
Canadian slashers by Dave Alexander and Dance ‘Til You’re Dead: Composer Paul Zaza remembers the music
of Prom Night by James Burrell
• Audio commentary with Director Paul Lynch and Screenwriter William Gray
• The Horrors of Hamilton High: The Making of Prom Night – Featurette
• Collection of additional scenes added for television broadcast
• Motion still gallery
• Original radio spots
• Original theatrical trailer and television spots