To celebrate the 40th Anniversary release of ALIEN, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will be releasing a first-ever 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ & Digital Download and SteelBook® editions 22nd April. We have a copy of the 4k Blu-Ray™ and Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report hardback book from Titan Books up for grabs!
In the film that birthed the wildly successful ALIEN franchise, the crew of the deep space tug Nostromo awaken from stasis during a voyage home to Earth when their ship’s computer detects what is believed to be an alien distress signal coming from the desolate nearby moon, LV-426. While investigating, one of the crew, Kane (John Hurt), is attacked by an alien creature that latches to his face and he is rushed back to the Nostromo to receive medical treatment. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the ship’s warrant officer, advises against Kane’s return due to quarantine regulations – but her orders are ignored by Ash (Ian Holm), bringing the Nostromo under threat from a mysterious, extraterrestrial apex predator with violent and lethal survival instincts.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery, with the 4K scans done at EFilm.
Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report utilizes specially commissioned illustrations and thirty-five years of Alien movie concept art and film stills to create a deeply engrossing reading experience that explores the nature of the Xenomorph in unparalleled detail. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report contains extensive information on the characters, locations, vehicles, and weapons from the movies, along with an in-depth breakdown of the Xenomorph’s life cycle, to give readers the most comprehensive look at one of movie history’s greatest monsters.
©2019 FOX. All Rights Reserved.
To win a copy of the 4k Blu-Ray™ of Alien and Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report hardback book from Titan Books, please answer the following question…
Q.In Alien what is Ripley’s Cats name?
Deadline is Friday 12th May 2019(UK) (23:59pm),If you haven’t done already Like us and stay with us at our Facebook page (if you are already liking us just share this post on twitter and facebook). Must be 18 or older to enter.
1. By entering into this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4. Any entrant found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Promotion will not be eligible to win the Prize.
5. Prize draw (“Promotion”) open to residents of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Limited (“Promoter”), its affiliated companies; their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
6. One winner will be selected at random (under independent supervision) from all qualifying submissions after the Promotion closes at 11.59pm (BST) on 12th May 2018. One winner will receive a copy of the Alien 40th Anniversary Blu-ray and Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report hardback book (“the Prize”).
No cash or other alternative to the Prize. The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
7. Winners will have 48 hours to claim their Prize. If a winner fails to redeem the Prize within this time period, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant.
8. Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of winners.
9. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the Prize.
Entrants consent to the use of their name in this way.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries which are late, lost, illegal, incomplete or damaged and these entries will not be accepted. Proof of Entry is not proof of receipt.
12. The Promoter, at any time and without any liability whatsoever, reserves the right to terminate, amend, and extend the Promotion with or without prior notice to entrants.
13. By entering this Promotion, all entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter who will be processing data for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act. For further information, please visit https://www.foxprivacy.com/uk/privacy.html
15. Promoter reserves the right to remove, and shall not be liable for, any offensive, incomprehensible or otherwise inappropriate entries.
18. Except for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter or its agents or representatives or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, neither the Promoter, nor its agents or representatives assume responsibility for any personal property, any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure, any system failures or malfunctions of any third party websites, any failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this Promotion, and/or any other matter outside of their reasonable control.
19. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
20. The winners agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter, its group of companies and their officers, employees and agents from and against all liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including legal and other professional fees) arising out of or in connection with any allegations or claims resulting directly or indirectly from their entries into this Promotion and/or their receipt and use of any Prize.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.