Visually luscious and drenched with the big beats of classic cuts and freestyle rhyming by some of the masters of the music, SOMETHING FROM NOTHING: THE ART OF RAP is a performance documentary about the runaway juggernaut that is hip-hop. Thanks to Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment we have 3 copies of the film to give away on DVD to celebrate today’s release
At the wheel of this unstoppable beast is Ice-T who with co-director Andy Baybutt takes us on a personal journey into the asphalt roots of the music that saved his life
This film is not about stardom, bling, or beef; it’s about craft and skill—what goes on inside the minds and erupts from the pens of rap legends. Ice-T travels from coast to coast, engaging intimately with the likes of Afrika Bambaataa, Chuck D, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Grandmaster Caz, Ice Cube, KRS-One, Nas, Run-DMC, Snoop Dogg and Yasiin Bey formerly known as Mos Def. What emerges is a mighty soul tribute to the original American art form that brought poetry to a new generation.
SOMETHING FROM NOTHING: THE ART OF RAP is the definitive documentary on the creative process behind rap music, featuring unique and exclusive interviews and performances from the biggest names in the business. Produced by Paul Toogood for Art Of Rap Films Ltd / JolyGood Films in association with Westmount Films and Final Level Entertainment.
This release includes DVD Extras: THEATRICAL TRAILER, COMMENTARY BY ICE-T AND PAUL TOOGOOD, EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS & RAP PERFORMANCES, MAKING OF DOCUMENTARY & HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE ON HIP HOP DOCUMENTARY
SOMETHING FROM NOTHING: THE ART OF RAP is released on DVD & Blu-ray in the UK and Ireland by Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment on 8 October 2012
To win a copy of this film please answer the following question:
Q.Ice-T started a Thrash Metal band who had a infamous song called ‘Cop Killer’ released in the 1990’s what was that band called?
[contact-form subject=”art of rap” to=”firstname.lastname@example.org”] [contact-field label=”Your Answer” type=”text” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Address line 1″ type=”text” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Address line 2″ type=”text” /] [contact-field label=”Town” type=”text” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Postcode” type=”text” /] [contact-field label=”I have read and understood, terms and conditions” type=”checkbox” /] [/contact-form]
Deadline: Sunday 28th October 2012 Must Aged 18 or older to enter
In the event the above form fails please refer to terms and conditions on how to enter
Terms and conditions
- This prize is non transferable.
- No cash alternatives apply.
- UK & Irish entries only
The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse and Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment have the right to alter, delay or cancel this competition without any notice
- The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse,Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment employees
- This competition is promoted on behalf of Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment
- If this prize becomes unavailable we have the right to offer an alternative prize instead.
- The Prize is to win Art of Rap on DVD 3 WINNERS
- To enter this competition you must send in your answer, name, address only, Deadline October 28th, 2012 (2359hrs)
- Will only accept entries sent to the correct email (win [at] thepeoplesmovies [dot] com), any other entry via any other email will be void.
- If the above form fails please sent the information required from the form email it to win [at] thepeoplesmovies [dot] com (label Art of rap ) If any info required from the form is not sent in the email your entry will be void.
- automated entries are not allowed and will be disqualified, which could result you been banned
- The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes
- Prizes may take from days to a few months for delivery which is out of our control.
- The competition is opened to Aged 15 and over
- Unless Stated Please Do Not Include Telephone Numbers, we don’t need them and if you include your telephone number Cinehouse and The People’s Movies are not responsible for the security of the number.
- The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email
- This competition is bound by the rules of Scotland,England & Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland.
- By sending your entry for this competition you are confirming you have read and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.