This Friday, January 6 American film fans will be able to see the brilliantly intense film adaptation of TINKER TAILOR TAILOR SOLDIER SPY starring Gary Oldman, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Dencik, Colin Firth, Stephen Graham, Tom Hardy, Ciarán Hinds, John Hurt, Toby Jones, Mark Strong. In a first for The Peoples Movies, been a UK based film blog which gets alot of readers from across the Atlantic Ocean in USA, as we love all film fans not just from UK&Ireland we wanted to show our appreciation of your readership and Focus Features agreed with us.
In support of the U.S. nationwide release of the film, this week we are giving away two Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Prize packs
One (1) winner will receive:
- $25 Fandango Gift Card
- Voice Recorder Pen
- Post-it Note Cube
One (1) additional winner will receive:
- Voice Recorder Pen
- Post-it Note Cube
To Win this fantastic film please answer the following question:
Q.Who was the iconic actor who played George Smiley in the BBC TV Drama version from 1980’s?
Send your answer , name, address to win [at] thepeoplesmovies [dot] com have your email header As ‘Smiley’
Deadline for this contest is January 16th (1700hrs GMT – Los Angeles is -8hrs/New York -5hrs)
This contest is opened U.S Citizens only, however I’m hoping to get a competition in place later this month to coincide with the DVD/BluRay release of the film in UK&Ireland on January 30th, stay tuned!
Official website http://www.focusfeatures.com/tinker_tailor_soldier_spy
Twitter Follow @FocusFeatures on Twitter! Be sure to use #TTSS when tweeting about Tinker Tailor Solider Spy
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is the long-awaited feature film version of John le Carré’s classic bestselling novel. The thriller is directed by Tomas Alfredson (Let the Right One In). The screenplay adaptation is by the writing team of Bridget O’Connor & Peter Straughan.
The time is 1973. The Cold War of the mid-20th Century continues to damage international relations. Britain’s Secret Intelligence Service (SIS), a.k.a. MI6 and code-named the Circus, is striving to keep pace with other countries’ espionage efforts and to keep the U.K. secure. The head of the Circus, known as Control (John Hurt), personally sends dedicated operative Jim Prideaux (Mark Strong) into Hungary. But Jim’s mission goes bloodily awry, and Control is forced out of the Circus – as is his top lieutenant, George Smiley (Gary Oldman), a career spy with razor-sharp senses.
Estranged from his absent wife Ann, Smiley is soon called in to see undersecretary Oliver Lacon (Simon McBurney); he is to be rehired in secret at the government’s behest, as there is a gnawing fear that the Circus has long been compromised by a double agent, or mole, working for the Soviets and jeopardizing England. Supported by younger agent Peter Guillam (Benedict Cumberbatch), Smiley parses Circus activities past and present. In trying to track and identify the mole, Smiley is haunted byhis decades-earlier interaction with the shadowy Russian spy master Karla.
The mole’s trail remains cold until maverick field agent Ricki Tarr (Tom Hardy) unexpectedly contacts Lacon. While undercover in Turkey, Ricki has fallen for a betrayed married woman, Irina (Svetlana Khodchenkova), who claims to possess crucial intelligence. Separately, Smiley learns that Control narrowed down the list of mole suspects to five men. They are the ambitious Percy Alleline (Toby Jones), whom he had code-named Tinker; suavely confident Bill Haydon (Colin Firth), dubbed Tailor; stalwart Roy Bland (Ciarán Hinds), called Soldier; officious Toby Esterhase (David Dencik), dubbed Poor Man; and – Smiley himself. Even before the startling truth is revealed, the emotional and physical tolls on the players enmeshed in the deadly international spy game.
Terms & Conditions
- All enteries must Be from USA
- You must be 16 years and over to enter the Peoples Movies/Cinehouse has right to refuse entry if suspicous
- The competition is to win, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Prize packs no cash alternatives or exchanges accepted.
- The competition is not opened to employees, friends, family of The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse , Focus Features
- deadline for comp is Monday 16 January (2359hrs).
- one entry per household
- Peoples Movies/Cinehouse/Focus Features have the right to change,alter or cancel the above comp with no notice.
- judges say is final
- The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse takes no responsibility for any damaged, late or lost/stolen prizes.
- Any entries that do not include name, answer, contact address or any of the required details will be void.
- All prizes come direct from supplier delivery time of prize can take anything from a few days to months.
- Unless Stated Please Do Not Include Telephone Numbers, The Peoples Movies & Cinehouse is not responsible for any cold calling spamming issues in result of including that number.
- all winners will be picked at random and contacted by email
- By sending your entry for this competition you are confirming you have read these Terms & Conditions.