Jameson, the “Official Spirit of the BFI London Film Festival” will be evoking the spirit of the 1920s with a pop-up cinematic speakeasy called the Jameson Apartment. Accessed via a secret door on Greek Street in London’s Soho, just off Leicester Square, the Jameson Apartment opens to the public on Wednesday 12th October for the duration of the Festival.
The Jameson Apartment will offer film enthusiasts a unique and unforgettable experience whilst enjoying a selection of Jameson’s best loved cult cocktails. A different concept is on offer every night, from bespoke cocktail master classes with leading mixologists to film inspired quizzes and a chance to see all the highlights from the red carpet plus regular speakeasy parties.
On arrival at the hidden entrance, visitors will need to give a secret password into a phone to gain entry. Once inside, guests will be welcomed by a modern day dandy to enjoy the intrigue of the speakeasy in the heart of London. With low seductive lighting setting the scene and vintage tunes flowing from a gramophone or celebrated DJ, guests will be transported to another era as they experience classic 1920s cinema and sip exclusive cocktails designed by Jameson mixologist Ed McAvoy.
Sandra Hebron , Artistic Director of the BFI London Film Festival, commented: “Film and Jameson lovers alike will be delighted that this year we have a new Jameson Apartment available – a lively social space right in the heart of Soho, providing a unique experience especially for the LFF.”
As a long term supporter of film, including the creation of the Jameson Cult Film Club and sponsorship of the Jameson Empire Awards, Jameson is proud to be the “Official Spirit of the BFI London Film Festival” for the third consecutive year and the official sponsor of the ‘Film on the Square’ screenings – the most anticipated new titles from around the world. For more information visit www.bfi.org.uk/lff.
In association With Jameson and The Peoples Movies we have a pair of tickets to a screening of Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort, Harry Potter Franchise) directoral feature debut Coriolanus starring Fiennes himself along with Gerard Butler, Brian Cox , Vanessa Redgrave and James Nesbitt. Coriolanus is based on the William Shakespeare play of a banished hero of Rome who joins forces with a sworn enemy to avenge his city.
The screening will take place as part of The London Film Festival on October 16th with the movie be released cinematically on January 20th 2012, for a chance to win those tickets please answer the following question:
Q.William Shakespeare wrote Coriolanus what other Shakespeare inspired Film is also playing this year’s festival?
Send your answer , name, address to email@example.com (**new email address**)
Deadline:Monday10th October (1700hours),
The Jameson Apartment will be open daily from 12th – 27th October 2011, from 5.30pm until late and is located at 39 Greek Street, Soho, London. More information on the Jameson Apartment, including full details of the schedule and secret password can be found at www.jamesoncultfilmclub.com orwww.facebook.com/
Terms & Conditions
- All enteries must from UK & Ireland
- You must be 16 years and over to enter the Peoples Movies/Cinehouse has right to refuse entry if suspicous
- The competition is to win a pair of tickets for screening of Coriolanus, no cash alternatives or exchanges accepted
- The prize does not include transport or accommodation, winner must be able to make their own way to London.
- deadline for comp is Monday 10th October (1700hrs)
- one entry per household
- Peoples Movies/Cinehouse/Jameson, Lionsgate uk have the right to change,alter or cancel the above comp with no notice.
- judges say is final
- The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for any damaged, late or lost/stolen prizes.
- Any entries that do not include name, answer, contact address or any of the required details will be void
- all winners will be picked at random and contacted by email