To celebrate the 24th October UK DVD and Blu-ray release of Mother’s Day (Studiocanal), we are offering a fantastic original cinema poster and a copy of the film on Blu-ray. Rebecca De Mornay (Wedding Crashers; Lords of Dogtown) heads a killer cast in Mother’s Day, in a role the makes her psychotic character from ‘The Hand That Rocks The Cradle’ look like Mother Theresa!
Loosely based on Charles Kaufman’s 1980 Troma classic, Mother’s Day is a nail-biting thriller that has been described as ‘intense’ (Dread Central) and ‘ a gruesome pleasure” (The Sun).
Following a disastrous bank robbery attempt that leaves one of their number critically wounded, three brothers head for their childhood home to take refuge until the dust settles. What they don’t know is their mother (De Mornay) recently lost possession of the house in a foreclosure and no longer lives there. Instead, they stumble across the new owners, a young couple, and their guests who are in the middle of birthday celebration. Seeing no alternative, the brothers take the partygoers hostage before contacting their mother to explain their dilemma. Willing to do anything to protect her offspring, mother arrives at the scene, along with her only daughter (Woll), and immediately takes control of the situation while masterminding a plan to help her family escape across the border from the US into Canada. Unfortunately for the hostages, mother’s plot requires some serious funding and she’s determined to get hold of it any way she can. So begins a long night of psychological terror in which loyalties are tested, secrets are revealed and sins are punished by a deeply disturbed woman with maternal instincts that can only be described as murderous.
We’ve teamed up with Studio Canal To give our readers a chance to win this fantastic to enter please answer the following question:
Q.Who Played Mother in the original 1980 version of Mothers Day?
Send your answer , name, address to firstname.lastname@example.org (**new email address**)
Deadline:Sunsday 30th October (2359hours)
Terms & Conditions
- All enteries must from UK & Ireland
- You must be 18 years and over to enter the Peoples Movies/Cinehouse has right to refuse entry if suspicous
- The competition is to win Mother’s Day on blu ray plus cinema poster of film, no cash alternatives or exchanges accepted
- The competition is not opened to employees, friends, family of The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse or Universal Pictures
- deadline for comp is Sunday 30th October (2359hrs)
- one entry per household
- Peoples Movies/Cinehouse/studio Canal have the right to change,alter or cancel the above comp with no notice.
- judges say is final
- The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse takes no responsibility for any damaged, late or lost/stolen prizes.
- Any entries that do not include name, answer, contact address or any of the required details will be void.
- All prizes come direct from supplier delivery time of prize can take anything from a few days to months.
- Unless Stated Please Do Not Include Telephone Numbers, The Peoples Movies & Cinehouse is not responsible for any cold calling spamming issues in result of including that number.
- all winners will be picked at random and contacted by email