13 Assassins sees director Takashi Miike, the man behind such uncompromising and unforgettable movies as “Audition” and “Ichi The Killer”, indelibly stamping his trademark style on the Samurai genre with an ultra-violent, all-action, blood-spattered epic.
Explore a world of clips, images, review links and much more at the official fanhub: http://www.cult-labs.com/13-assassins/
What you won’t get there though is the chance to win our money-can’t-buy prize of a 13 Assassins sword (ok it’s a letter opener sword but it comes in a natty box!) and a copy of the film on Blu-ray.
Cinehouse are sister site has joined forces with Artificial Eye to give you guys a chance to win those great prizes and to win those prizes answer the following question:
Q.WHAT IS THE NAME OF TAKASHI MIIKE’S LATEST SAMURAI THEMED MOVIE REMAKE WHICH MADE ITS PREMIER AT THIS YEARS CANNES FILM FESTIVAL, DUE TO BE RELEASED IN JAPAN NEXT MONTH?
In mid-19th Century Japan the era of the samurai is beginning to fade as the feudal nation begins to enjoy a rare period of peace. But the fragile calm is soon threatened by the bloody rise of Lord Naritsugu, the Shogun’s sadistic, psychopathic younger brother, whose position places him above the law and free to rape, mutilate and murder on a whim. Concerned that Naritsugu’s actions will eventually destroy the Shogunate, top Shogun official Sir Doi covertly calls on esteemed and noble samurai warrior Shinzaemon Shimada to assassinate the evil Lord before it is too late. Shinzaemon willingly agrees and immediately gathers together an elite group of samurai to assist him in the task, knowing that what they are about to embark upon may well prove to be a suicide mission.
Following weeks of training and preparation, Shinzaemon and his men head off on a perilous journey through the mountains, hoping to ambush Lord Naritsugu and his entourage. However, on finally coming face to face with their target, the 13 samurai discover Naritsugu’s men hugely outnumber them. Disregarding the odds, the fearless assassins continue with their plan and initiate a bloody showdown that they cannot allow to end until Naritsugu lies dying.
Harry watched this film for The Peoples Movies & Cinehouse read his review of the film here.
- All enteries must from UK & Ireland
- You must be 16 years and over to enter the Peoples Movies/Cinehouse has right to refuse entry if suspicous
- The competition is to win 13 Asassins on BluRay &letter opener, no cash alternatives or exchanges accepted
- deadline for comp is Friday 23rd September (2359hrs)
- one entry per household
- Peoples Movies/Cinehouse have the right to change,alter or cancel the above comp with no notice.
- judges say is final
- The Peoples Movies takes no responsibility for any damaged, late or lost/stolen prizes.
- Any entries which do not include name, answer, contact address will be void
- all winners will be picked at random and contacted by email