Tomorrow in UK & Ireland along with USA Alexandre Aja’s remake of the 1978 spoof PIRANHA is released in the cinema and with his current project heading to the cinemas focus centres on his next project. That project is looking likely to be Buichi Terasawa’s Manga Cobra-Space Pirate a popular manga series from the 1970-80’s.
Cobra Space Pirate is set in a future where space merchants sail though space and one pirate the ruthless cobra refuse s to align to the united Galaxies Federation as well as the Pirates Guild whom both put a massive bounty on his head.
Aja after a fierce battle to win the rights remember the animated version from his schooldays:
“My day was, finish school, run home and switch on the TV and I was hardly the only one. Kids did it in France, Italy, Spain, all over Western Europe. For many people there is Star Wars and nothing else, but for me and my writing partner Gregory, there is Star Wars and Cobra. I am so surprised it never crossed the ocean and made the same impact in the U.S., because it is so big everywhere else. There are 60 books, a lot of TV animation and so many adventures, pirates and bad guys that it is perfect to be reinvented into a really cool space opera adventure franchise for a new generation.”
Gregory Levasseur will start the script alongside Aja very soon and guess what its going to be 3D as well!As well as the script a number of designers are working on the array of creatures that feature in Cobra.
Back to Aja’s current project below is a banned tv spot which has been causing a bit of a storm stateside with all networks banning this tv spot.
Movieweb have gotten there hands on the tv spot and you can check it out below and Ryanseacrest.com asked for feedback from several networks including FOX,MTV and you can see there ‘reasons’ below.So what do you think, worth the ban? Personally Aja will be using the publicity as an advantage for his movie which does look really bad though could do well and gain cult status, well only time will tell!
- Make sure the beer bottle in guy’s hand is generic or paint over.
- Please cover up more of the breast area of the woman on left who comes up out of the water with the other girl.
- Need to lose the shot of woman in thong doing dry humping/grinding motion on top of the other girl with thong. Obviously, both of these women’s naked-thonged butts are facing the camera and as I would say to add coverage to their butts, we just need to lose this shot all together. Now, this shot is in super low res so I don’t have great detail on the white t-shirted girls, but just in case… for the woman facing the camera, we need to make sure we cannot see any nipple protrusion, that this t-shirt is NOT “wet” or that there is any breast jiggling.
- Please confirm what guy screams out “Are you ready for_____.” Please confirm what he says here.
- Please make sure girls on stage have enough coverage on their butts (like the one to the far right as we do see the side of her).
- We need to darken ALL of the blood shown in spot. This includes on the woman’s arm in the black bathing suit on boat.
- Please make sure this woman’s boobs are not coming out of her top. Please lose shot of blood splattering on woman and make sure to darken blood (or remove) from guy at end who gets thrown out of boat by piranha.
Comments to specific frames:
- Please lose “titties,” and “Pissed.”
Comments to specific frames:
- At 00:08 – please crop this shot or cover the woman’s breasts more in this shot. (scene with the 2 woman coming up to the surface from underwater)
- At 00:09 – Please lose this shot (woman in thong on all fours with other woman behind her in grinding motion)
- At 00:11 – If, in this shot in higher definition, we can see any of the women’s nipples through their shirts, this shot will be problematic. (close-up of woman’s breast area in wet t-shirt)
- At 00:15 – please lose this shot, crop it or provide more coverage on the woman’s rear end on the far right. (the scene with women in white t-shirts on stage)
- At 00:24 – Please lose this shot (woman in black ‘peace’ bikini with blood splattered on her body & face)”