“How Far Would You Go For Love?”
Based on Thomas Hardy’s classic novel Tess of the d’Urbervilles, TRISHNA is a beautifully shot, classic tale of love and tragedy set across modern day rural Rajasthan and the thriving metropolis of Mumbai. Starring Frieda Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire, Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and Riz Ahmed (Four Lions, The Road to Guantanamo) and directed by acclaimed British director Michael Winterbottom (9 Songs, 24 Hour Party People) TRISHNA comes to DVD & Blu-ray 9 July. To celebrate the release courtesy of Artificial Eye Film with 5 copies of the film to be won on DVD opened to all The Peoples Movies and Cinehouse readers.
Trishna (Freida Pinto) meets a wealthy young British businessman, Jay Singh (Riz Ahmed), who has come to India to work in his father’s hotel business. After an accident destroys her father’s Jeep, Trishna goes to work for Jay, and they fall in love. But despite their feelings for each other, their relationship must remain a secret due to the conflicting pressures of a rural society which is changing rapidly through industrialisation, urbanisation and, above all, education.Their problems seem to be solved when Jay takes Trishna to an exciting new world of dance, vibrant life and possibilities – Mumbai. But Trishna harbours a dark secret that threatens the very heart of their love affair, and inequalities remain at the centre of their relationship that will lead her to question Jay’s intentions towards her.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer the below question:
Q.Michael Winterbottom has adapted Thomas Hardy Novels Before Which of these did he adapt last?
a. The Claim
b. The Woodlanders
c. The Scarlett Tunic
Send your answer , name, address, to have your email to win [at] thepeoplesmovies [dot] com header As ‘Trishna’. Deadline:July 22nd, 2012 (2359hrs) . Follow us at our Facebook Page if you haven’t done it already, double entry! If your entering via cinehouse please take note of the email to enter by.
Terms and Conditions
- This prize is non-transferable.
- No cash alternatives apply.
- UK & Irish entries only
The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse and Artificial Eye Films have the right to alter, delay or cancel this competition without any notice
- The competition is not opened to employees, family, friends of The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse,Artificial Eye Films employees
- This competition is promoted on behalf of Artificial Eye Films
- The Prize is to win Trishna on DVD, 5 winners
- To enter this competition you must send in your answer, name, address only, Deadline July 22nd, 2012 (2359hrs)
- Will only accept entries sent to the correct email (win [at] thepeoplesmovies [dot] com), any other entry via any other email will be void.
- The Peoples Movies, Cinehouse takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes
- The competition is opened to Aged 16 and over
- Unless Stated Please Do Not Include Telephone Numbers, we don’t need them
- The winning entries will be picked at random and contacted by email
- By sending your entry for this competition you are confirming you have read and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.